Shitake Broccoli Noodles recipe shared by Rebecca from RawSpiceBar.
Shitake Broccoli Noodles
Author: Rebecca - RawSpiceBar
Recipe type: Main
- 1 pinch RawSpiceBar Five Spice Powder
- 1/2 tbsp RawSpiceBar Shiitake Mushroom Powder
- 1/2 lb buckwheat pasta (soba), udon, fettuccine or other thick wheat noodle
- 1 lb broccoli, crowns cut into small florets
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli to the boiling water and blanch for 1 minute. Allow to cool, then drain and dry on paper towels. Set pot of water aside.
- Heat a heavy skillet or wok over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp of peanut oil. When rippling hot, add mushrooms and sear for 5 minutes. Turn heat to medium, add RawSpiceBar's Shiitake Powder, pinch of RawSpiceBar's Five Spice Powder, garlic, ginger, scallions, and red pepper flakes and cook for another 30 seconds to a minute, until fragrant. Remove from the heat and transfer to bowl.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat and heat remaining tbsp oil until rippling. Add mushroom mixture, broccoli, stock and soy sauce, bring to a simmer on low heat. Simmer uncovered for 1-2 minutes, until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, bring the pot of water back to a boil and add pasta. Cook noodles until al dente. Drain and toss with the mushrooms, broccoli and sesame oil. Serve and enjoy!