Spinach and Sweet Potato Tofu Scramble recipe shared by Matt from Vegan .io.
Tofu scramble with spinach, fried sweet potato, sautéd onions, bell pepper and spices. A delicious, quick, filling breakfast.
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 cup baby spinach (roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 28 oz firm tofu (drained)
- 1 large sweet potato (diced)
- 0.5 onions (finely chopped)
- 0.25 red bell peppers (finely diced)
- 0.5 tsps ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 0.5 tsps tumeric powder
- 2 tbsps water
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry the sweet potato, adding salt, pepper and a pinch of paprika. Continue cooking for 5-7 minutes until cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same frying pan, sauté onion until soft. Add the bell peppers and continue cooking until it is soft as well. Add the tofu and scramble it using your cooking spatula or a fork.
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices: turmeric powder, ground cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Add water and mix well. Pour the spice mix onto the scrambled tofu and stir.
- Add the chopped spinach and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the spinach is wilted and the tofu is slightly browned. Serve immediately with the sweet potatoes and avocado slices on the side.