Spirulina Chocolate Peppermint Bites recipe shared by Jenny Travens from Super Food Living.
Spirulina is an incredible food worthy of the superfood title. A blue-green algae known as a cyanobacteria, spirulina is now one of the most researched superfoods along with it’s similar sister, chlorella.
- 1 cup walnuts, raw
- ¼ cup almonds, raw
- 1 ¼ cup dates
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1 tablespoon spirulina
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Place walnuts and almonds into a food processor.
- Process until nuts are in small pieces, but don’t let the nuts become butter!
- Add remaining ingredients – dates, raw cacao, spirulina, peppermint extract and cacao nibs.
- Process mixture until all of the ingredients start to stick together.
- Place mixture in the fridge for one hour to set up.
- Remove from the refrigerator and roll mixture into 1 tablespoon bites.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to eat.