Excellent Strawberry Vinaigrette dressing. Works well with a Spinach Berry Salad or any other salad really.
Recipe type: Salad Dressing
- 5 TBS Strawberry Preserves (or 3 TBS Strawberry Jam)
- 1/4 White Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 TBS Water
- 1/2 TBS Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Chill for one hour before using
- Whisk strawberry preserves, white balsamic vinegar and water together until the preserves have dissolved.
- Whisk in sugar, salt and pepper until sugar is dissolved.
- Taste, if you decide you need a bit more strawberry preserves, now is the time to add them. They will not dissolve well once you add the oil.
- Whisk in extra virgin olive oil until well blended.
- You can leave the dressing in your mixing bowl or you can pour into a dressing cruet.
- Place in fridge for one hour before using.
- After an hour whisk dressing or shake in cruet.
- Dress the salad with the strawberry vinaigrette or leave in cruet so everyone can dress their own salad.