Sumac Carrot Salad with Almonds and Olives recipe shared by Rebecca from RawSpiceBar.
Sumac Carrot Salad with Almonds and Olives
Author: Rebecca - RawSpiceBar
Recipe type: Salad
- RawSpiceBar’s Sumac
- 1 bunch whole carrots (6-8)
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 big handfuls of baby rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, sliced lengthways
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400F. Peel and trim carrots. Cut any large carrots in half lengthways to roughly the same thickness.
- Toss carrots in a large bowl with salt, pepper and olive oil. Massage into the carrots so that each carrot is well coated. Place into a large baking dish so the carrots are in a single layer and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes until carrots are golden and tender.
- To make the sumac lemon dressing, combine RawSpiceBar’s Sumac, 4 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic cloves, honey and salt and pepper to taste. Shake well to combine.
- Arrange baby rocket leaves on a large platter and top with roasted carrots. Sprinkle over the almonds and olives and just before serving drizzle with the dressing. Serve alongside RawSpiceBar’s roasted bronzini & hazelnut dukkah flatbread.