Sweet Cherry Bon Bon Cookies recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Sweet Cherry Bon Bon Cookies
Recipe type: Snack
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ¾ cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- food coloring, if desired
- 1½ cups flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- candied or maraschino cherries, pitted dates, nuts, or chocolate pieces
- Bon Bon icing
- chopped nuts, coconut, colored sugar
- Mix butter, sugar, vanilla, and food coloring. Measure by dipping method or by sifting.
- Blend flour and salt in thoroughly with hand. If dough is dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons milk.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. For each cookie, wrap 1 level Tablespoon dough around a filling suggested above.
- Bake 1" apart on ungreased baking sheet 12 to 15 minutes, or until set but not brown.
- Cool dip tops of cookies in Icing. Decorate each cookie with one of the toppings suggested above. Makes 20 to 25 cookies.
Bon Bon Icing:
- Mix 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons cream or milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and red, green, or yellow food coloring, if desired.
Chocolate Bon Bon Icing:
- Make Bon Bon Icing (above) - except add square unsweetened chocolate (1 oz.), melted and use ¼ cup cream or milk.
Penuche Bon Bon:
- Make Bon Bon cookies - except use ½ cup brown sugar (packed) in place of confectioners' sugar.