Tasty Pizza Rossa recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Tasty Pizza Rossa
Recipe type: Dinner
- 320 g pizza dough
- 300 g ricotta cheese (ricotta romana if possible)
- 1 can pelati or pureed tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- some olive oil
- Press the dough into a pizza pan then put the spread the tomatoes (they should be quite "watery" as ricotta cheese is too dry to get the right consistency for your pizza) , salt and some olive oil.
- Put in a preheated oven and cook for half the time it takes to be ready.
- Take the pan out and spread ricotta and pepper. Finish cooking.
- If you have a special pizza oven you can spread all the ingredients before cooking, as it takes much less time to cook the pizza and the cheese doesn't get "burned".