Turmeric Paste for Dogs recipe shared by Mary from Mary’s Clutter.
My Rottweiler, Diesel, is getting of an age where overdoing it while frolicking in the snow, usually causes him to limp the next day. Well, after the year he’s had, having to have emergency surgery for Bloat back in November, we couldn’t afford any extra trips to the vet! So I looked up home remedies, and found out about Turmeric Paste.
- ¼ cup organic turmeric powder
- ½ - ¾ cup filtered water
- ¾ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ⅛ c (1 TBL) Organic coconut oil
- Put turmeric and water in a pan on low heat and stir with a whisk until paste forms-start with ½ c water (eyeball the consistency to see if you need ½ or ¾ c of water). (About 10 min)
- Add pepper and oil-stir to combine
- Take off the heat and let cool
- Store in a sterilized glass jar in the fridge for up to 4 weeks. I have actually cut the above amounts in half and it lasts me a while.
- Start with about ¼ to ½ tsp, per meal depending on the size of your dog. You can increase the amount from there, up to about a Tbsp (per meal) for larger dogs.