Vegan Choco Chip Bars recipe shared by Trisha Miller.
Vegan Choco Chip Bars
Author: Trisha Miller
Recipe type: Vegan
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp coconut milk or your favorite non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup Big Tree Farms coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1¼ cup oat flour or finely ground oats
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup Hemp Hearts
- ½ cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- First, melt the coconut oil by heating it in a pan or microwaving it in a bowl.
- Next, stir in the coconut milk, coconut sugar and vanilla until the mixture is well combined.
- Then, add the salt, oat flour, almond flour and Hemp Hearts and mix.
- After that, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into a parchment paper lined 8×8 pan and refrigerate until set.
- Cut into small bars and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Thanks to who ever created Chocolate Chip Day for giving us an excuse to eat chocolate! I hope you love these bars as much as I did. What are your favourite ways to make treats a little healthier?