All-Vegetable Chow Mein recipe shared by Nikki from MyNutriCounter.
All-Vegetable Chow Mein
Author: Nikki - MyNutriCounter
Recipe type: Dinner
- 30ml/1fl oz sesame oil
- 50g/1.75oz shallots, thinly sliced
- 30g/1oz garlic, minced
- 50g/1.75oz red bell pepper, sliced
- 100g/3.5oz sweet peas
- 25g/1oz dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated and sliced
- 100g/3.5oz oyster mushrooms
- 100g/3.5oz uncooked Chinese rice noodles
- 30ml/1fl oz kecap manis(sweet soy sauce)
- Bring 500 ml of water to a boil. Add uncooked Chinese rice noodles and simmer, tossing constantly, until all liquid is fully absorbed. Set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok.
- Add shallots and garlic. Sauté until aromatic.
- Add bell peppers and sweet peas. Sauté.
- Add shiitake and oyster mushrooms. Sauté for a minute.
- Add cooked noodles and toss thoroughly.
- Add Kecap Manis and toss well.
- Serve hot.