Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls made with chicken, rice vermicelli and assortment of fresh vegetables and herbs from Grab Your Spork.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
Yummy rice paper rolls.
Author: Clint - Grab Your Spork
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 500 g chicken breast or tenders, cut into small pieces
- 1 lime, zested
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tsbp olive oil
- 1 lebanese cucumber, core removed and cut into matchsticks
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 large avocado, cut into slices
- Spring onions, cleaned and cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup mint, chopped
- Vermicelli noodles
- Rice paper wrappers
- Firstly, marinate the chicken. Mix the zest, garlic and oil together in a bowl with chicken. Set aside for marinate for at least one hour or longer.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and grill the chicken until cooked through. Set the chicken aside to cool
- Once the chicken is cool, toss the chopped mint through the chicken.
- Cook the dried vermicelli noodles to packet instructions. Drain and cool.
- When you’re ready to assemble the rolls, fill a shallow dish with warm water.
- Dip one rice paper wrapper into the water for thirty seconds and place on a clean flat surface.
- Place a couple of chicken pieces along a third of the wrapper. Top with noodles, and a couple of slices of cucumber, carrot, spring onion and avocado. Roll into a tight spring roll shape, according to the instruction on the packet.
- Repeat with the remaining rice paper wrappers and filling.
- Serve the spring rolls whole, or sliced in half with a nice dipping sauce.