This a great side dish that an old friend of mine shared with me many years ago.
A great zucchini side for any meal.
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 lbs Zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 2 medium Onions (chopped)
- 1 box Stove Top Stuffing (Chicken or Herb Flavor best)
- 1/2 cup melted Butter
- 1 cup grated Carrots
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 can Campbell’s Cream of Chicken
- Salt & Pepper
- Place Zucchini & Onions in a sauce pan with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- DO NOT FOLLOW STUFFING PACKAGE DIRECTIONS. Place crumbs & seasoning packet in a small bowl, add melted butter & mix thoroughly. Remove 1/2 cup mixture & place to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl combine: drained zucchini & onions, soup, carrots, minced garlic, sour cream, salt & pepper and stuffing mix. Stir well. Place Zucchini mixture into a lightly greased 2qt casserole dish. Top with the 1/2 cup stuffing mix & croutons if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.